Good news folks! We are now accepting registrations for the 2018 season of the Local Food Box program.
If you were a member in the past and know the drill, please Register Here. Space is limited, so sign-up as soon as possible. We have already sold 75 of the 100 available vegetable boxes to returning members.
What’s happening in 2018?
- Our Farms continue to offer local eggs, vegetables, flowers and meats. Check out this list of the food and flower items we aim to produce for the 2018 season.
- Wind Whipped Farm is trying out sweet corn (expect a sample, definitely not enough to host a corn roast…).It’s an experiment but we are hoping for warm weather, no wire worms and some corn in the vegetable box!
- The program duration (20 weeks) pick-up time and locations are the same as in 2017. More info here.
- We are slightly increasing the cost of the vegetable box, from $600 in 2017 to $640 in 2018 (a 2$ per week increase). The increase is to reflect inflation, increased employee wages and employment expenses at Wind Whipped Farm.
- We are working on setting up a better system to donate missed vegetable boxes and extra produce. This means we will no longer offer next day on-farm pickup of missed vegetable boxes. Members can still send a substitute to pick up for them or give us advance notice to skip a pickup during the season and receive extra veggies at the end of the season.
Once you have completed the Sign-up Form, we will confirm your registration and process your first payment. We will also send a reminder a few weeks before the first pick-up.
Thank you to all box members and farmers for your participation. You make local food happen!